I am wishing for a vacation to a tropical island but all I can do is wish and dream so I figured that I would sew up some "Aloha"...a dress for my little Daisy.
She is calling it her Lilo dress (after Lilo and Stitch)...too cute.
It is a really pretty Hawaiian print that is red and white with some black outlines. It has a hibiscus flower print all over it.
I am using an Easy Stitch pattern by McCall's (#M5351). The fabric print is too busy to use a binding on the neck and armholes so I searched forever on the internet for a tutorial on how to make a reversible dress. All of the tutorials I found though were only for a wrap dress or for those dresses with a button or ribbon tie...those are the ones I do not need.
Also, sometimes I want a clean sewn edge...with everything nice and neat.
Finally, I found a brilliant tutorial at the Sewing Mama's forum that had lots of photos to explain the process...but for the life of me I still couldn't understand how it would work.
But it bothered me...
I couldn't go to sleep because I couldn't stop thinking of it.
At 1:30am I got up and went to sew the dress and followed the directions...and it works!
Hehehe...I am so happy.
I got around to just sewing the shoulder seams and the neckline. I couldn't go further because I need an to press the neck seam (the iron is the bedroom and I don't want to wake anyone up).
So tomorrow I continue. I am taking pictures too of my progress. I will share it all here when I am done.
Good Night...or rather....Good Morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment